My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://hungryhungryhilly.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Are You there God? It's Me, Tomato Sauce

Attempting to make your own tomato sauce is sort of a right of passage.  Since I am not exactly a trained chef I decided to consult a few recipes and then develop my own out of what I had on hand.

The result was actually pretty good!  I made it on a week night just to prove how easy it can be, but if I had more time obviously I would have let it simmer for longer (maybe even all day).

I paired mine with whole wheat pasta (the only kind I use) and topped it right before serving with Grana Padano cheese.  To store the cheese after first use wrap wax paper tightly around the cheese and then wrap that in plastic wrap.  Store it in the veggie crisper to keep it longer.

I also threw in some green olives for good measure, again just before serving.

Here I offer you a recipe adjust at will according to taste.

Have Fun!

Hilly's Week Night Pasta Sauce

3 Shallots Minced
2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
Olive Oil (enough the saute the shallots and garlic)
14 fl oz can of diced tomatoes
7 fl oz can of reduced sodium chicken stock
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Italian Seasoning to Taste
4 oz of tomato paste

Heat Olive Oil in sauce pan.  Add Shallots and Garlic and saute until soft.  Add Diced Tomatoes and Chicken stock.  Stir.

Add Seasonings and Tomato paste and bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat and simmer to taste.

Keep tasting and adjust seasoning as necessary.

Makes about 4 or 5 cups.



No comments: