My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://hungryhungryhilly.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Recession Gifting

Hey guess what?  We are in a recession! Just in time for Christmas! 

I don't really think I had to tell anyone that, but it is what inspired this post.  Well, that and Oprah, who is apparently not immune to the hardened financial times we are in.

I felt like I should get something for my co-workers this year and since I don't work in a place where some sort of "secret Santa" (do you capitalize Santa?) is organized and we are a small operation I figure I should get something for everyone.

In order to be economical about it, I thought a homemade gift would be the way to go.  As luck would have it, the December 2008 Oprah magazine had some solutions.

So here I bring you the easiest gift you will probably ever make.  I made it in under 10 minutes and now all they require is a bow and a label (which coincidentally I am pilfering from work).  

Hot Chocolate Mocha Mix
Adapted from O Magazine, December 2008

3/4 cup premium un-sweetened cacao
3 tbsp instant espresso 
1/2 cup Splenda

Combine dry ingredients and spoon into a small decorative tin or a glass mason jar (as I have done).  Attach a tag that says "Mix 3 tbsp hot chocolate mocha mix with 1 cup steamed or simmered milk.   Top with marshmallows."  

Done and Done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great blog, and I would like to Post a Comment

There has been some recent news you might like to hear.Obama is making it better for us already! There has been an increase of money availability to everyone. Due to recession there is increased funding for all types of grants. Even lenders are bending over backwards to bail you out too. Regardless of statistics, there is people getting tons of cheap money for personal use, investments,start businesses, buy homes, pay off debt, and more. Bailout is for YOU

Anonymous said...

thanks for the gifting ideas. These are cool.