My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://hungryhungryhilly.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Gilead Cafe


It has been a while since I reviewed any restaurants. Mainly because waiters at fancy joints tend to frown on the whipping out of a camera during the meal. It elicits eye-rolls and huffs and frankly my palette isn't good enough to make the judgement worthwhile.

But this morning I had something so tasty I had to talk about it. On Fridays I treat myself to breakfast or lunch out and having had the pastries at the Gilead Cafe a try I thought I should try some of their other fare as well.

I order the yogurt with granola, hazelnut, honey and preserves and when I saw the serving size I bought a pain au chocolate as well (hey its a treat!). I got the office and dug into the yogurt and immediately realized there was no way I was going to be able to finish it in one sitting.

The yogurt was lovely and thick and the granola nut mixture added just enough crunch to make it satisfying. I believe the yogurt is actually made with coconut milk which would account for the texture. It was divine and is currently sitting half-finished in the fridge, waiting for my afternoon snack. At $4 its not a bad deal considering everything is made in house.

The recommendation to go the Gilead isn't actually a shocker, since it was the hip cafe when it opened and it still is but sometimes you need to hear it from a friend (like me, am I your friend?) before you try it yourself.

Coming soon - whole wheat pizza crust, better than any delivery.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I hear the poutine is heavenly. Will you act as the lab rat and order it next time you go? Please?!