My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://hungryhungryhilly.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 28, 2008

TTC and Avocados

Things I learned from the TTC Strike:

1) I need a good pair of walking shoes.
2) This city continues to amaze me everyday.
3) The following recipe.

I intend when my life is little less insane to write a review of the new Nigella Lawson book Nigella Express.  It truly is a great book.  This recipe is taken from it, with my usual low-fat/low-cal/high fibre spin.

I took it to the girls house on Sunday night, and as I left my house I saw my first streetcar in almost 48 hours.  So already the recipe is golden.  The girls loved it, devoured quickly, which really is the best way as it doesn't keep long.

Roquamole

1 cup of Roquefort (Blue) Cheese
1/4 cup of low fat sour cream
2 ripe avocados
1/4 cup pickled green jalapeno chilli from the jar
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 packet of whole grain tortilla chips

1) In a bowl, crumble or mash the blue cheese with the sour cream.

2) Combine blue cheese mixture with avocados in a food processor.

3) Roughly chop the jalapenos and stir them into the mixture along with the finely sliced spring onions.  Hit the blitz.

4) Arrange in the centre of a dish, dust with the paprika and surround with tortilla chips.

EAT.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Is it possible to make this with a different cheese?

Just wonderin'

wot larx said...

I can't wait to try this!

Love your blog, Hilly - how fun that we both love to write about food!!