My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://hungryhungryhilly.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

I recently had my friend Kinnon over for dinner and I wanted to make something that would allow me to actually visit with her instead of rushing around in the kitchen.

So I thought why not break out the Slow Cooker

I decided to take a Kraft Canada Pulled Pork recipe and make it slightly healthier. It is also incredibly economical, coming out to about $2.00 a head for the sandwiches. Since it serves 12 it would be great for a crowd.

Here's the recipe, try it for yourself!

Slow Cooker Orange-BBQ Pulled Sandwiches

Prep: 10 min Total: 8 hours and 10 min

1 cup Kraft Calorie Wise BarBQ Sauce
1/4 cup Kraft Pure Orange Marmalade (I used PC 50% more fruit brand)
1 boneless pork shoulder (3lb/1.35kg)
1/2 cup low fat PC mayonnaise
12 sandwich rolls split, toasted (I used a multi-grain variety)

Mix barbecue sauce and marmalade. Place meat in slow cooker; top with barbecue sauce mixture. Cover with lid.

Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours (or on High for 4 to 6 hours). Remove meat from slow cooker; cut into small pieces or shred with fork (I did this in a big roasting pan). Return meat to slow cooker; stir until meat is evenly coated with the barbecue sauce mixture.

Spread dressing onto the sides of the rolls. Fill rolls evenly with meat mixture.

Makes 12 servings or 1 sandwich each.

If you don't use all the pulled pork in the sandwiches you can freeze it. You could also use it in other ways. I made pulled pork quesadillas!

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Pulled pork quesadillas are delicious!